Thursday, April 1, 2010

Change to the Routine


My husband went in to have a sleep study done last night to see if he has sleep apnea. Did I like having our whole bed to myself?.......maybe for a few minutes but I truly do not like sleeping alone. I love the comfort of knowing my man is next to me. I sleep better.

Bottom line is that he does not need the CPAP machine....Praise God! They decided that he needs to learn how to basically mellow out before he goes to bed. We already had a feeling this was the problem but we wanted to rule out anything else. We talked about the things that he likes to do in the evening such as writing last minute 3 to 5 page papers for college, watching suspensful TV programs, playing video games, eating, falling asleep with the TV on to have the background noise, etc. He has known that these are not ideal and I have told him this over the years that we have been together. Well today.....his doctor told him. I felt like doing a cartwheel!! I think now that he has had the confirmation from the doctor he will start to change the routine for bedtime.

I am really looking forward to what this new routine could look like. I have not even seen the list of suggestions and information he received from the nurse but I am a huge advocate for mellowing out before bed. I even mentioned to him that our whole family should take this on and let it help all of us together!

I could see some quiet time reading to each other, talking about some things we want to talk about (not heated discussions with anger), listening to some music, and just spending some "quality" time together. I am excited! I think this is going to be a plus for him as well as all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment