Monday, March 29, 2010

Frustrated


Have you ever been preparing for something in your life that you are excited about and another person involved says some things that really try to take the air out of your sail? It is especially frustrating when you are doing something to honor the Lord!

These are the moments that initially cause me to maybe...wish I would not have gotten involved....or tell them that we could just pull out of the event if that would make them happy. Of course, that is not the RIGHT thing to do. That is my pride and probably the enemy trying to feed it!

These are the moments I need to remember who I am in Christ. My relationship with Christ does not have to be the way someone else says it should be or like their relationship with Him. My relationship is mine and as long as I am going about it the way that Christ wants me to then I am doing things right. I need to remember that Christ meets everyone where they are.

God made us all unique and there are gifts that I have and a personality that I have that He is using to reach a certain group of people. If I was like others it would get in the way of God's purpose for me. We are all called to do certain things in the body of Christ and if we do not embrace the way God has made us and walk in our gifts....we could actually hold other people back and/or God will use someone else to do His work.

Bottom line.....I am not going to allow someone else to make me feel less than who I really am. I don't need to yell at this person or be upset or say something mean back at them. God knows the situation and I just need to keep my eyes on Him and HE will deal with people like this. As long as I am drawn toward God in these situations and I don't get distracted and caught up in my feelings.....it will be okay.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
- Psalm 139:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment