Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Awakened


The sun is shining this morning and I feel like Spring is just around the corner. I feel as though I have been asleep for a few months and almost lying dormant. With the melting of the snow I have been awakened and can break through the light crust of dirt and just every day life that I have allowed to rest on top of me holding me down.

I have struggled the past few months with business....or actually that is my excuse for not doing what I should be doing. I have not felt like actually DOING anything really. Working out.....nah...too tired or I have to go to a meeting or whatever else I can think of as an excuse. Everything was just feeling like it took soo much extra effort and so I just didn't do it. Not sure if that would be categorized as winter depression or seasonal depression. I just call it laziness really.

Here is the reality for me right now....I need to get back on track with eating healthy and exercising. I have one month to get myself together and lose any weight that I have gained. I have to weigh in and have a treadmill test etc. Last fall I was doing so well and I was on track and so much so that I had two different groups ask me to speak to their folks about weight loss and having a positive attitude and just talk about how I was able to do it. Looking at myself today I feel like I am failing at all the things that helped me to be successful that I should go back and watch a video of what I said so that I can motivate myself. Go figure. Isn't that the way it works sometimes?

I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem right? Okay......I have a problem with eating.....and I have a problem with staying active and focusing on my health. There.....I said it! Now I know that I need to give this over to God.

A word came forth at church on Sunday that said that God is lifting the heaviness that has been upon us and that we should cast off our burdens onto God. God....I give these issues that I am having to you and I ask you to help me! I cannot do this without you! Forgive me for not doing the things that you have encouraged me to do and not accepting the help that you have offered along the way. I know that you have been there through it all and I do not always reach out. Please forgive me and help me to turn around and go the way that you want me to go!

Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22

No comments:

Post a Comment