Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Struggling in the Pit!



Question: Do you ever wonder sometimes how God can use you when you feel like you are out of control?

It is interesting how when I get to the point where I am feeling like I just can't get out of the pit I am in God will place someone before me that He is wanting to help through me. He draws the attention off of me and puts it on Him and on the needs of this other person. I will sit down to meet with someone and be tired and feeling like I am going to struggle through the meeting and God will start to work through me and give me the energy that I need.

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:5

I have been struggling so much the past week or two that when I stop and look back to what I have done it feels like I have taken 5 steps backward. I have lost my focus. The entanglements of the world have crept in quietly and before I knew it they totally took my time and focus!

For all that is in the world - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. -1 John 2:16-17

I am definately having issues with the lust of the flesh right now with my eating. I am not sure what is going on but I need to be focused on God to push through this! I have to be intentional about it! It is not that I have not been here before and had God pull me out of it. He has....and I know that He is here with me....just waiting for me to stop my whining and complaining and take just one step in the right direction so that I can take His hand and He will lead me out of this mess I have made and into the promises and direction that He has for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment