Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter


Easter is here! Whew! Why is it that the weeks leading up to Easter become overwhelming and almost to the point that I don't even enjoy Holy Week when it gets here? Do we forget WHY we are doing all the practicing? Do we forget WHO we are doing this for and get caught up in how we feel and how much time we have to spend practicing etc. I get to the point where I want to just cry out and say....have we forgotten what Jesus went through for us? He paid the ultimate price and that is what we should remember every day....not just at Easter right? So we need to stop whining and complaining and pouting because we didn't get our way or we are uncomfortable. We need to get over ourselves! Lord forgive me for any bad attitude, complaining, eye rolling, gossiping, and any other sins I have committed. I am so sorry!

We try to do some type of performance or production at church each year and my husband and I are always involved in whatever is being done. We normally start this process around about January and yet it seems that we are running behind still when we are only two weeks out from the big performance! I am one of those people that does NOT like to work under pressure. I like to have things done ahead of time and have good communication...dance routines already taught and then it is just practice practice practice the last two weeks! This would be a dream for me and has it happened yet.....NO. Again this year everything got down to the last minute and the stress seems to overshadow the reason WHY we are doing the production in the first place. People get short with each other and everyone is easily irritated....ever been there? Is this all my fault....no...but could we have gotten our parts done sooner? Yes...could we have had better attitudes on a few occasions? Yes....

The night of our last dress rehearsal one of our Pastors spoke to all of those involved in the production and addressed all these issues. It stung. I realize that the things he said did not all pertain to me but I have to say I did run them all through my mind a few hundred times just to make sure that I was listening to what God was checking ME on!

Again....we made it to Easter! We did a performance Saturday night and the stress was finally gone. Our performance today went well also and for both performances it felt so good to sing and dance for the Lord and not really worry what the people thought. We trusted that God was there and He was softening the hearts of those that were watching and touching them each right where they were. I sooo love that about Him. I know that when we do the right things and with our hearts turned toward God that He smiles and is pleased and isn't that what we want....is to have God pleased with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment