Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Riding the Bus

I ride the busy on a regular basis. We have been down to one car for the last couple of weeks and so I get to be blessed with being the one to ride the bus. Some days I don’t mind it and other days I am truly aggravated about it.


In the morning…..I can tolerate riding the bus if I have gotten up early enough and I am ready without having to rush. Actually I like the fact that two of my boys ride the bus with me and I can talk with them on the way and give them a little send off when it is their stop. I also get an opportunity to read my email, Facebook, and blogs that I follow. I tend to be in a better mood these days because I get to work early and I can take my time going to my desk, maybe pick up a coffee on the way, or sit and read or write.


In the afternoon….I just happen to ride the bus that has a waiting line that starts at about 5:05. Our bus does not arrive until about 5:15 which is when we need to be leaving. It is over crowded and on several occasions, don’t ask my why, I have started to not feel so great on the way home and when I arrived home I needed to lay down for a bit till I felt better. I am not sure if it is the people that ride at that time or not enough circulation etc. I am a bit claustrophobic and I start to feel that way on that particular bus or it could be spiritual.


Why the difference? Why such a drastic difference? Is it maybe the fact that I am one of the last ones to have someone sit with me in the morning? (I don’t smell so I don’t understand why). I have a fresh outlook on the day in the morning and in the afternoon I tend to be anxious to get home because I may have somewhere else I need to be?


Bottom line….I know there is a reason that I have had to ride the bus for this season. It could be for one particular person on one specific day that God is going to touch. It could be the guy that sat with me a couple of weeks ago in the afternoon and struck up a conversation. He was only here for a few weeks. It could be the woman that I talked to while I was waiting at the bus stop. No matter what the situation….God can be using you to reach someone else. You may be uncomfortable or inconvenienced. Are you willing to do it for God? Are you willing to sacrifice your time?


People are always observing you whether you see them doing it or not. They are watching your reaction or your response to what others say. They may watch your facial expression as you watch someone sit down in your seat and maybe that person didn’t put any deodorant on that day. It could be the girl that looks over your shoulder to see what artist you are listening to on your Ipod. It could be the woman that you give up your seat to so she doesn’t have to stand in the aisle.

People are watching……what are they seeing in you?

  
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven” - Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment