Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gina....The Writer?


I have played this over and over in my mind.  Writing.....hmmm.  Never thought about it much in high school.  I read poetry but didn’t write.   I didn't even really think about it through college or even when I had kids.  I had a journal but struggled to write much in it.  It always felt like soo much information and too little time to keep track of it.  

The last few years I have felt what started out as a nudging.  You know….like when you are sitting in church and the Pastor says something and the person next to you pokes you a bit with their elbow letting you know ......THAT word was for you.  Yep....that kind.

I started blogging….just so that I could record some of my thoughts.  I had no intention of even sharing them but was intrigued by this whole blogging concept.  I loved reading what other people were writing on their blogs and found so many of them touching and inspirational. 

Then I felt this gentle urging to actually post them.  Knowing that people might actually read them made me a little nervous……okay….a lot nervous.  Then it was almost as if God was challenging me.  For example…do you remember telling one of your friends “I dare you….I bet you won’t do it.”  Well, that is what the feeling grew into until I actually posted my first blog.   To be honest….I kind of wimped out a bit at first because I posted it but didn’t really let anyone know it was there so maybe a stranger or two might read it but no one that I knew.  That felt fairly safe right?  




Then God pushed me forward like a little kid that doesn’t want to do something and their parent physically moves them toward the task that is needing to be done.  Yep…I know….grow up right?


Well that was over two years ago and 46 posts.  I guess you could say I have gotten over myself a bit and I have been working on being obedient. 

The fact is….I really enjoy it.    

The problem is….finding/making the time to do it.

Now I am at the point where the desire to write has been bubbling up stronger and I have gotten a taste of what it feels like when God uses one of my posts to touch someone.  

At this point,  I have read so many other fantastic blogs and I have thought so very many times I want to write like that!

I even signed up for a short program online to learn how to be a better writer over the course of 30 days.  Honestly, I never really even got started.  I haven’t made room for writing in my life.  I haven’t accepted myself as a writer.  The passion is there, the opportunity, the resources for learning, and yet…..I still have not MADE the time for it. 

TODAY I want to change that! 

TODAY I believe I can write what God leads me to write.

TODAY I believe that I can learn the skills that are needed to be a good….if not…even GREAT writer in God’s time.

TODAY I will set a plan to move forward even if it is in baby steps.


TODAY I get it......I really get it!




Thank you to all of you who have read even one of my posts!  Thank you for being a part of my journey!  It is all still a work in progress but the journey is always better when you have others along for the ride :)


Blessings!!


-Gina

1 comment:

  1. Gina...

    You ARE a writer! I loved it. Good for you. God will work mightily through you (He already does). And I'll get to say, "I know her!" :D

    ReplyDelete