Thursday, June 3, 2010

Content In Him

Phillipians 4:13 is probably a scripture that we all recognize right off the bat right? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. The scripture that God drew me to today was the one right before this....

Phillipians 4:12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want.

The MSG puts it like this in verses 12 and 13: Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

I guess what that is speaking to me today or what God is showing ME is that no matter the circumstances....the trials...the peaceful moments....the highs and the lows....that I can definitely keep my joy and be happy and content because I know the one who created me. I know the one who saved me...the one who walks beside me through every moment whether I feel that I need Him or not He is right there waiting for me to reach out to Him because He knows.............

It is in Christ that I find that contentment that most people long for.  I think sometimes we get caught up in what the world keeps putting in front of us and taunting us with. If we really stop and think....we don't really need those "things" If people only knew that Christ is the only one that can fulfill the longings....the desires. He is the only one that matters when it all comes down to it.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. - John 14:6

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. - Matthew 5:6

Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. - Psalm 37:4

Just a reminder to all of us that Christ is our EVERYTHING we need!  Give all your anxieties over to Him or scripturally it says cast all your cares on Him for he cares for you - 1 Peter 5:7. 



He is just waiting for you to let go......

Let go and let God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment